The pencil sketch is a rapidly executed freehand drawing that can serve multiple purposes. It records something that the artists see or it may develop an idea for later use. It may also be used to depict one’s emotions. It is like the breath of art. It is the most refreshing form of creating self-expression.
The characteristics of pencil sketching usually depend on the type of pencil used, or how hard or light it is being pressed against the drawing material.
There are many more brilliant characterstics of pencil sketch that makes it one of the best medium.
- Due to the many different shades, a pencil can alone produce, it helps the artist create brilliant shading. Thus, transforming a basic sketch into a realistic-looking image.
- Pencil art has great potential for developing quick drawings and detailed images. Thus pencil sketches can fulfill different purposes. From simple concept art to a life-like drawing with an incredible amount of details.
- Due to the very fine tip of pencils, portraits done with this method are able to pack a lot of details in small areas.
- The pencil sketches don’t smudge as easily and thus isn’t messy to work with.
- Since sketching is often about capturing a mood or the key features, it makes it one of the best medium to be portrayed on.
- Pencils are the most versatile medium because of the variety of marks that can be made.
Artists all over the world have started to recognize pencil sketching as one of the great medium to portray and convey your emotions.
Some famous pencil sketch artists and their portraits:
- DIEGO FAZIO
- DIRK DZIMIRSKY
- HECTOR GONZALES
All black and white drawings have a magical appeal. This is what makes the pencil sketch portrait a perfect gift to show off your love. And if you are wondering where to find the perfect artist for this job, we are here to provide you with the best experience. Head to our gallery and take a look at the best creations by our artist. And you can order one for yourself here. Hurry and get the best gift for your loved ones.