Artists all over the world use different mediums to showcase their art – oil painting, acrylic painting, watercolor painting, pencil sketches, charcoal drawing and many more. Each of them has its characteristics making them unique in their ways.
Acrylic Painting is great for crafts and collage because of its versatility, durability, and adhesive qualities.
Acrylics are not high to maintain, are malleable, and has the ability to take a three-dimensional form.
The various other reasons for you to choose acrylic painting portraits are:
- It can be painted on anything: This is one of the key things that make acrylic painting a great medium. Be it paper, card, or canvas board, you can select any surface for the portrait. You can also add mediums to make it crackle, shimmer, or dry even faster.
- Fast drying time: Since acrylic paints dry quickly, the artist can work in successive layers without muddling the colors.
- Acrylics are lightfast: Acrylics don’t fade in time. They remain the same even after 200 years, thus making the portrait lifelong.
- They are flexible: Acrylics can be used to create thick impasto paintings as well as thin transparent glazes.
- Malleable: Acrylics can take on the the qualities of other paints. For example, if you mix your paint with an acrylic retarder, it will slow down the drying process, making it act like an oil based paint.
- Safe: They are easy on skin, does not require an ventilated space as they do not contain any toxic elements that fills the air with fumes.
Some of the inspiration for you to buy an acrylic portrait painting:
With different sizes and finishing options available, these acrylic painting portrait can be a very unique and feel good gift for yourself or your loved ones. So head to our gallery and order one now!